To Save Tutorials Offline

If you want to save these instructions/tutorials for later use, and offline use, take these easy steps:

Click on the title of the post/tutorial you wish to copy. This will make the page that tutorial only.

On your browser (IE, don't know about the others), click on File>Save As>Web Archive, single file (or something similar) and Save. No need to change the name, unless you really want to.

That's it. Now when you want to work with it, just click on it. If for some reason it says something about connect, click work offline. Sometimes google ads or other active content that gets saved wants to search for it's missing pieces. This rarely will happen with my site, although using this technique on other pages might.

3 comments:

Pumpy said...

Hi My name is Pam Knowles aka Pumpy, the other day I came accross a Gimp CD in my rubbinsh !!!! I installed it on my PC and now need all the help I can get, Lilybelle gave me your site url. So here I am and will be coming for a long time to learn a bit of Gimp. Lovies
http://www.pumpy-pumpys.blogspot.com

HS said...

Thanks Pumpy! I am working on learning how to also do YouTube video tuts. I'm slowly getting things together to post more tutorials and trying to make it as simple as possible for people to save them for future reference. If I can make a jpeg tutorial, I will. If you have the program RealPlayer, you can download tutorials from YouTube and watch them later. Often times people delete their videos or accounts, so adding the video to your favorites isn't always a good option. Once you have a good feel for Gimp, photoshop tuts are easy to follow along with Gimp. I'm assuming you are doing digital scrapbooking. I'm geared toward DS tuts as well as photography that pertain to making great pages. 2011 will see a comeback for me, if not DS design, it will be in my tutorials as I will soon be teaching classes in digital scrapbooking and I want the tutorial site and videos to be a tool for my class as well.

aparna john said...

Hi,All the more important and difficult Web Design Cochin to keep is if the people who may have visited your site first would return in future or not. Thanks.....