Enhancing Color


Click on the photo to read the steps if it's too small.  Notice how the photo on the left has a "gray haze"?  At first the color seems great, until you look at the one on the right.  I was standing in the same spot and the photos were taken only seconds apart, I just happened to have these two photos side by side on the screen when I thought "quick tutorial".  This is what I do to bring true color out without really doing any editing effects.  There aren't any overlays, minus the use of the original photograph, no brush work and no filters.  These steps won't work on all photos in every scenario.  Sometimes the use of "multiply" is too much, sometimes just using "overlay" mode isn't enough.  You have to find what's going to work for the series of photos you are editing and go with it (see post below).

3 comments:

April Edmunds said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but it is AMAZING!!! You share technical tips and information I have not found anywhere else. Tons of useful information. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the gradient background color desaturation tip!

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for the gradient desaturation tip!